Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Parting of the Ways

Another semester has ended and, as is generally the case, change is happening-- whether I'm ready for it or not. This stage of life is so crazy, and often hard for me, because everything seems so transient. I go to a new place, I miss my old place and my old friends, I start to make new friends, and just when things start getting fun and exciting, we all have to move on with life and go our seperate ways. This occurs far too often for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I think that change is good because it helps us to grow. I just wish things didn't have to change for me so frequently; it gets old. Anyway, sorry for the self-pity. There are plenty of things to be excited about too. For example, I'm going home for the summer, and will get to spend plenty of time with my family! As soon as my finals are over this week, I'm out of here! I have to admit that it will be nice to have a change of scenery and say goodbye to Provo for a while. Every new adventure offers great opportunities to learn and grow and experience new things, and I'm anxious to see what this next phase will bring to me.
Last Sunday our friend, Chelsea, was kind enough to take pictures of my roommates and I. Here are a few of my favorites:

These girls are so great, and I will really miss them. I love you guys!!

13 comments:

jes said...

those are so cute! roomates are so fun. i love the shoes! you look so good! we'll probably be seeing you around this summer.. good luck with finals!

Hanie said...

I'm with you with the constant change. It's nice but gets old. Maybe because I feel like life changes around me and I don't. But...I'm glad to here you will be in AZ. We will have to rock it together!!

Karen said...

Kalli,
I know you will get mad at me for saying this, but you look so HOT in the picture where you are sitting on the table.
What a group of fun sexy girls.
I love you, see you soon.

Tana said...

Kalli, those were fun, cute pics! Just be glad for your experiences and your relationships...I don't regret my adventures before I got married! I am excited that you are coming home for the summer and hope that I will get a visit or two (hint hint)!

Jessica Peterson said...

that's funny one of the girls there looks like melanie that was from my home ward a while back. small world if it is..

Meg and Joe said...

Um I LOVE LOVE the pics!! You GORGEOUS as always Kalli!P.S. Did I tell you I am headed back top Provo in the fall? We will def have to get together. Loves!

Melanie Rae Gibson said...

Thanks for posting those pictures! I am still trying to decide which ones to post on mine. I will miss you guys this summer! I'm excited to live with you again!

Heidi said...

Kalli! I'm so glad you will get to be with family for the summer! Those nieces of yours have no clue how spoiled they are to have you for an aunt! My little sister got transferred to El Paso, so now I have two siblings serving in Texas! It makes me think of you. I miss you so much... I LOVED the days when we lived together.... the days of the RS Pres...... all of the funny experiences of Mountain Wood. Anyway, you look simply gorgeous. The camera loves you. I miss hearing you sing. :(

Angela* said...

What cute pics! I miss the good old days of roommates. But then again I have a new kind of roommates! :)
happy to have you home sexy sista!

Noelley Belly said...

You are all so beautiful! I love the shoe pictures! I'm sorry change is so hard! I agree. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I appreciate it. Hope to talk to you soon! Love ya.

Tecia said...

Hey Kalli- my favorite is the one where you are on the stairway and you guys are holding your shoes. I like it because the shoes have color. What fun!!!

Tecia said...

Kalli- that post was forever ago!! What is new?

just a little bit mo said...

You look so good in these pictures, Kalli! Goh-geous! Change is good, but only when it's not the constant -- if that makes any sense. I'm glad I can still keep track of you on your blog a little bit.