Anyone who knows me knows that I love good music. True, I am pretty picky about what I listen to, but I feel like its worth it because I have good taste. I am under the impression that the general population also believes that THEY have good taste in music too. Which leads me to question-- if EVERYONE has such great taste in music, then why are there so many lame songs out there? It seems to me that the worst ones are either the most popular, or at least the tunes with the most radio airtime.
I am sure you all have experienced --at one time or another-- hearing a song on the radio on your way to work, in the grocery store, at the gym, on your iPod (heaven forbid!) that absolutely irritates you, but subsequently gets stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Here are three of my least-favorite:
I guess thats why they call it the blues by Elton John
The chorus says something creepy about rolling like thunder under the covers. When I worked at Jason's Deli that song would come on without fail every single day. And guess which part always gets stuck in my head? HATE IT.
This is just one example of why pop music has taken its toll on me. Its getting almost as ridiculous as country these days...
"Where are my keys? I left my phone"-- Are you kidding me?!? I think these must be some of the most un-creative and downright stupid lyrics OF ALL TIME. Seriously. How are these people even famous? I could write better lyrics transcribing papyrus scrolls into dutch in my sleep.
Oh, and you'd better believe that, if I did write such a song, there would be actual SINGING in it too. Imagine.
All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey
Is there even an explanation needed? I think this is the WORST Christmas song ever written, and every year when the little bells start chiming I cringe and try to go to my happy place; a place where Bing Crosby is crooning "White Christmas" as colorful-sweatered people hang sparkling ornaments on a freshly-cut Christmas tree, and a chubby little grandma is putting gumdrop buttons on each smiling gingerbread man.
It doesn't really work. By the last, shrill note I tend to turn into a pre-Christmas-spirits Ebeneezer Scrooge. Bah, humbug!




6 comments:
Christmas shoes
santa baby
most Christmas music on the radio
i'll let you know as i hear them, lol, because i can't think of anything nearly so painful.
haha! Those are some lame tunes, but the beat to "just dance" is catchy... but she is a drugged up freak! I watched the music video and now I just can't stomach her.
no songs I loathe are coming to mind at the moment-- I must have blocked them out...
Kalli. You're hilarious.
Something has just been brought to my attention by Tay's comment. The song "Christmas Shoes" is the worst song ever written. It's right up there with "I kissed a girl" by Katy Perry, and "Addicted" by Saving Abel. If you haven't heard them, then don't.
Peace out roommie!
"The Love is Gone"- I think it has been going through my head for 12 years now.
I hope to NEVER erase "I Wanna Love You Tender." How can I be sure you're not pretender?
The song just dance is one of the best songs to dance to at dances but it's true that the lyrics are TERRIBLE. HMMM some bad songs that really bother me....this song called Fire In the Furnace ny choir is singing it and it is ridiculous! I really thought my choir teacher had better taste than that...now I'm sitting in my classes singing, FI-YUH oh lord FI-YUH my lord FY-YUH oh lord save my soul!
i hate, hate, hate when people think it's funny to sing that lamb chop play along song. the only reason they do it is to get a stupid song stuck in your head. . . "this is the song that doesn't end"
Post a Comment