

I have so much that I want to blog about right now that I am finding it hard to know where to begin...therefore, I've been procrastinating. Luckily, Angela threatened to put a restraining order on me so that I can never see her daughters again unless I post the pictures I took during my visit a couple weeks ago. So, all things considered, I guess I'd better get on with it.
Of all the people in the world, little or big, Trinity is definitely one of my favorites. I find it difficult to imagine what life in our family was like before she came along, but I am sure it was very dull. She is probably the smartest three-year-old I have ever met, and is so engaging. I just got off of the phone with her a couple minutes ago after having had a good thirty minute conversation in which she read me stories (which included no less than "The Hungry Caterpillar", "Pajama Time", "You Are Special", and a disney princess book complete with songs that she played at least two times each), jumped on the bed (during which she breathlessly asked if I was jumping on my bed too, and which I promptly commenced), and made me talk to all of her "friends" (aka the dolls and stuffed animals on her bed which are, in her words, all extremely shy and didn't say anything back). I simply love any time spent with Trinity, and the following pictures will probably give you a pretty good idea of why she is an instant favorite of anyone she meets.

While I was home I decided to throw a tea party; partly for Trinity, but partly because I really loved tea parties as a child and haven't completely grown out of it. I stressed over the details way too much, but in the end everything turned out lovely, and we enjoyed ourselves a lot. We had a very "princess-esque" meal, complete with cucumber sandwiches, heart-shaped PB&J, brioche, lime curd, spinach salad, cookies with pink sprinkles, and chamomile tea--served out of a very cute teapot which I searched tirelessly for in all two of the antique shops in town. Aunt Cindy was kind enough to let us use my Grandma's china, which made the experience complete. My Grandma Hamilton always loved to watch us dress-up and have tea parties, and I believe she was there in spirit, enjoying this one as well.At one point during our little reverie, we were interrupted by a hispanic man who has been doing some yardwork for us. My dad had him wait inside while he ran to get something, oblivious as to how it might look to someone from a foreign culture to see a group of women and a small child dressed to the nines in the middle of the afternoon, sipping tea and eating finger sandwiches. I only hope that he didn't get the false impression that middle-class white women simply sit around all day like they're on a cruise ship. The encounter was definitely akward, but also quite funny.
After tea we danced and sang along to music from "Enchanted", and then Trinity and I went outside for a photo shoot. She was very cooperative... almost too cooperative. 
Every couple of feet she would stop and pose. Needless to say, I had a difficult time selecting the pictures for this post!
My favorite moment was when she knelt down, plucked a dandilion from the ground, and said wistfully, "I wish for a dandilion" (granted).
Her third wish was for a handsome prince (which I'm sure will also be granted... sooner than any of us are ready for). 

She made several wishes, demanded that I make some as well, and was absolutely charming as we played in the branches of the weeping willows. 

Now...I have bragged quite a lot about one of my very cute neices, but I promise, I'm not picking favorites. Granted, Trinity is a little more fun to play with than Eliana, but Elli is every bit as adorable, and has a lot of personality as well.

I enjoyed playing with Elli and getting to know her better. She is the most hilarious eater I have ever seen; not only does she inhale her food, she also likes to suck her thumb in between bites. Her mom hates it, but I think she's really funny! I miss my neices and my family a lot. I am so grateful for them, and hope they know that I love them very much!

The End







8 comments:
Bravo!! Please e-mail me all the wishes pics. We love you too, and miss you very much!!
I asked Trinity what she wants to tell you, and she replied, "Should we tell her no?" I gave her a "look" and she then said, "yes then?"
I love you kalli! It looks like you had a fantastic time. :)
Those pictures are too cute. I love the dandelion ones. That tea party you threw looked awesome, by the way! Oh, and congratulations on the impressive internship!
kalli, If you will send me your email address, I'll send you a copy of the picture we took at institute with me and your little bro. NixonBL@ldsces.org.
cute pictures by the way. :)
the pictures are super cute! i for sure know how hard it can be sometimes to take pictures of children.. or at least my cousin who is almost two.. it takes a while.. she gets too distracted. =)
I don't want it to be "The End" I want more.
those girls are so cute! and sweet too. i loved the tea party, such a fun idea! i saw in summer's comment about an internship?! i haven't heard anything! what did you decide?
your nieces are incredibly cute! Not that I ever doubted that - and your photography is quite impressive as well. Kalli you amaze me every day!
Post a Comment