Sunday, February 24, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


It all started with the fake eyelashes. Heather and I were wandering aimlessly through the mall when we happened upon a small store containing an assortment of odd accessories that I would probably never wear except on Halloween. We wandered around, trying on brightly-colored hats and playing with glitter, then suddenly there they were; rows and rows of long, black eyelashes winking back at us. I mentioned to Heather how I'd always secretly wanted to wear them, and she admitted that she'd had the same inclination. So, in an act of pure spontaneity, we bought them. It all went downhill from there.

On Tuesday we had an eighties-themed ward party at Classic Skating, and realized that would be the perfect opportunity to display our recently acquired treasures. Unfortunately, we couldn't get ourselves to stop there. This was the result:



















I looked humiliatingly tacky, which is perfect for the eighties... just not so perfect for my self-esteem. I'm pretty sure I looked worse that night than I EVER did in the eighties, and thats saying something! Add to that the fact that the last time I wore a pair of rollerskates was probably in 1989, and you've got a perfect recipe for social disgrace.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Maybe we aren't spontaneous more often because this the result! I know, i know, i know this much is truuuuuue...

Karen said...

I think ya'll look cute! Kalli I think maybe you should think of getting a spiral perm again.

beau.shaunalee said...

Most beautiful Kalli! Cowabunga babe! It looks like you are having so much fun...and it makes me miss you tons! Thanks for checking out my blog...I just barely, barely published it...in fact I'm still working on it. Talk to ya soon!

Tay said...

I also think you should go back to the perm. lol. What would have made you look more amazing is the mini-crimper! and more turquoise...

meg said...

Kalli, that's awesome. it's so great to hear from you on our blog--i had to check out yours. i hope school is going well and we'll stay in touch more now!

Summer said...

Cute pictures! I actually think you pull off the eighties rocker look rather well (never thought I'd say THAT to anyone)--I think you look great!! Oh, and I must say, the neon pink earrings are especially rad.